Milk Thistle: the miraculous plant for liver health
Milk Thistle is a valuable herb by its effects on liver functions. It should be known that only the seeds are used from this plant. The Milk Thistle seeds are rich in silymarin having a protective effect on the liver and gallbladder.
Studies in Germany, the US, Italy, and Austria have shown that Milk Thistle is currently one of the strongest natural remedies for liver disease. Furthermore, Milk Thistle is a redoubtable antitoxin, helping the body to withstand the strongest poisons (from toxic to fungal to heavy industrial gases or heavy metals).
What are the benefits of Milk Thistle consumption:
- Protects the liver from the destructive action of strong toxins and alcohol;
- Increases the phenomena of liver tissue regeneration, being a powerful antioxidant;
- Stimulates liver regeneration in cases of viral hepatitis A, B, and C, toxic hepatitis or liver cirrhosis, and has shown inhibitory effects on the replication of hepatitis viruses;
- It is also used as an adjuvant in case of biliary dyskinesia, migraines, urticaria, psoriasis or skin cancer;
- Decreases the elevated blood cholesterol over normal;
- Decreases cell insulin resistance in patients with type 2 diabetes;
- Inhibit the growth of tumor cells in the cervix and prostate, in in-vitro experiments;
- Reduces the negative side effects of chemotherapy, being used as a powerful detoxifier.
Methods of administrating Milk Thistle:
Milk Thistle Tea:
A teaspoonful of crushed Milk Thistle seeds, put on a mug of boiling water, boil, let it boil once, then filter it and drink 2 cups/day divided into 3 servings before each meal. Whoever does not support the salty taste of Milk Thistle tea can use a teaspoon of mint with a little honey.
According to American researchers, the best option for flavonoids in its composition not to degrade in contact with boiling water, they recommend the combined infusion prepared as follows: 1-2 teaspoons of Milk Thistle seed powder, leave it soaked in half a cup of evening water until morning when it is filtered; the macerate is set aside and the remaining powder boils with half a cup of hot water for 20 minutes, then let it cool; combine the two extracts; drink this preparation a quarter of an hour before eating. Dose: 3 cups a day.
DIY Milk Thistle Tincture:
If you like preparing stuff yourself, this preparation can last for 2 years without losing its therapeutic qualities.
Prepare the following: Put in a jar 20 tablespoons of Milk Thistle seed powder, which is covered with 50-degree food alcohol, stirring continuously. When the entire powder mass was covered, leave a layer of 2-finger alcohol on top, close the jar and leave the contents to soak for 14 days and then filter it. The extract is put in small, dark bottles and is usually given a teaspoon of 4 times a day.
Milk Thistle based supplements:
The best-known results, however, are when Milk Thistle comes combined with other liver support ingredients, like extracts from Artichoke Leaf, Dandelion Lef, and other specialized ingredients. Our Hyper Hepato Protect contains all of these, but also Solarplast(TM), which is a is an extract of organic dark leafy greens, enzymatically enhanced by a unique and proprietary manufacturing process. It harnesses the power of the chloroplasts found in leafy greens to provide a rich source of molecular chaperones and antioxidants, all in a naturally occurring lipid protective coating. Solarplast provides a host of benefits for healthy aging, optimizing the body’s processes through natural energy and repair mechanisms.